These projected goals have been considered by our steering committee and are open for consideration to change or prioritise with involvement from new members of different business interest or precincts. These goals are currently under review by the board and updated goals will be announced mid-2020 to align to the current situations and vulnerabilities affecting the area.
- Establish and promote a regular program of networking events
- Support and promote local community events new and existing at the chambers’ discretion
- Target Cruise Hunter to benefit from the growing number of cruise passengers that are transported out of our community
- Develop a functional urban plan for the Throsby area
- Work along side with council to acquire public facilities within the zone of the boat ramp – rowers club. Acquire space to accommodate markets day and night.
- Bring back movies on the hill in Carrington including night food stalls.
- Attract and encourage new business to the Throsby area
- As a chamber we will actively pursue government funded grants used to revitalise the Throsby area
- To build a viable and constructive member base
- Beatification of main shopping precincts, ie: shopfronts and signage
- Manned police stations throughout day hours, to be seen as a presence and to be available for general enquiries
- Ensure the Throsby area has un-bias access to the NBN feed
- Better public lighting at the Throsby boat ramp and community walkways
- A ferry terminal to access the Throsby area
- Attracting medical and pharmaceutical professions to the local precincts
- Beatify all areas of all precincts within our boundaries
- Lobby for the provision of facilities to accommodate the needs of youths – Supporting them to engage and interact socially reducing boredom and other temptations
- Create a local identity signifying local precincts